CHILD ANXIETY GROUP
- Increase parent awareness and understanding of anxiety and its impact on their child.
- Provide parents with the knowledge and tools to assist their child in coping with anxiety.
- Introduce children to the concept of anxiety to promote awareness and understanding of their thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
- Teach children various tools and coping mechanisms they can implement on their own and with the assistance of their parents.
- Sessions 1 to 2: Parents only
- The first two sessions will provide parents an overview of anxiety with the goal of understanding how it affects one’s thoughts, feelings and behaviours. Practical tools to use with children will also be shared.
- Sessions 3 to 8: Children only
- The following six sessions will provide children with understanding and awareness of anxiety, introduce them to understanding their thoughts, feelings, and actions. Thorough these sessions the children will be provided with the tools and practice to empower themselves and manage their anxiety.
An 8-week group for parents and their children, aged 7-10, with Anxiety.
To reduce the symptoms of Anxiety through developing and implementing effective coping strategies.
Wednesdays from 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM, from January 9th to February 27th.
$720 (including a deposit of $150).
* Cost may be covered by extended health benefits plans.
– Check with your health care provider.
Rocky Mountain Psychological Services
212, 110 11th Ave SW,
Calgary, Alberta, T2R 0B8